2018 MAVA Mini-Conference:
Charting a Course for Success
Join Metrolina Association for Volunteer Administrators (MAVA) for its annual Mini-Conference, which will take place on Friday, September 21, 2018 in Charlotte, NC. This will be a day of professional networking, dynamic speakers, and personal development. The conference will offer an exciting program that highlights many facets of volunteer management – from informative workshops to a lively panel discussion with community leaders.
8:30a.m. Registration & Networking
1. Difficult Conversations
Margaret Harris, Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte Region
2. Personal Branding
Meg Gibson, Ed.D., City of Charlotte Human Resources
3. Continuing Your Education
Harriett Edwards, Ed.D., NC State University
12:45p.m. Announcements & Raffle Drawing
1:00p.m. Leadership Panel Discussion
Dr. Kandi Deitemeyer, President
Central Piedmont Community College
Susan Garvey, Community Volunteer
Junior League of Charlotte
Renee McCoy, Executive Director of Communication
Jennifer Phillips, Executive Director
American Heart Association
2:00p.m. Tour of Goodwill Campus (Optional)
* Times and sessions are subject to change.
Who Should Attend?
● Volunteer Program Administrators
● Development Officers
● Non-Profit Executives
● Anyone interested in volunteer management
● MAVA Members = $50
● Non-MAVA Members = $75
● Please note that registration will end on Friday, September 14th at midnight.
● Registration includes coffee, light morning snacks, and a boxed lunch.
*Attendees with special dietary needs that we are unable to accommodate have
the option to patron Goodwill’s Community Table Bistro (made to order dishes) or to
go offsite for lunch.
● To request an invoice, contact Diana May at 704-840-0069
● Free parking is available onsite.
● Outside food and beverage is not permitted.
Anita Gloudenis Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte Region
Tanise Love Donate Life North Carolina
Diana May, Chair Charlotte Douglas International Airport
Melanie Wilson Girl Scouts, Hornet’s Nest Council